The information on our website is intended to provide information about our services and products.
We've made every effort to make sure that the information set out in this website is accurate. However, we advise visitors to this website that:
- the information provided doesn’t replace or alter the laws of New Zealand and other official guidelines or requirements
- the information provided on our website shouldn’t be used as a substitute for business, tax, accounting, legal or any other professional advice
- we don’t accept any responsibility or liability whatsoever, whether in contract, tort, equity or otherwise, for any action taken, or reliance placed, as a result of reading any part, or all, of the information in this website or for any error, inadequacy, deficiency, flaw in or omission from the information provided in this website
- all links and references to other websites or organisations not within ACC are provided for convenience only and aren't, and shouldn't be, taken as endorsement of those websites or any information contained in those websites
- we don’t endorse any website, organisation or person that has links to our website, or creates off-site links to our website
- we don’t accept any legal liability for any damage or loss that may result, either directly or indirectly, from any information contained on this website, or any actions taken as a result of the content of this website
- we are not responsible in any manner for direct, indirect, special or consequential loss caused in any way as a result of the use of our online services
- any users of this website assume all risks associated with any transfer of data or information to us
- we've taken reasonable efforts to ensure the security of the information while in transit to us, but we don’t guarantee this, and we aren’t liable for any damage arising from interception, loss, theft, or any other action or difficulty
- any data or information which is transmitted to us through the use of our website becomes our property and may be relied on by us in our dealings with you
- we don’t warrant, expressly or by implication, nor do we assume any legal liability or responsibility that:
- the website or the server are free of computer viruses or any other harmful components, defects or errors
- any defects in the website will be corrected
- your access to the website will be reliable, uninterrupted or error-free, including access to any linked websites
- we don't warrant, expressly or by implication, that there will not be, nor do we assume any legal liability or responsibility for any:
- delays, inaccuracies, failures, errors, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects, computer viruses or communication line failures
- theft, destruction, damage or unauthorised access to your computer system or network.
Each page on our website must be read in conjunction with these disclaimers.
Copyright and conditions for downloading and printing content
Except where stated, all content is our copyright.
We only licence users to download and print content (including images) if they adhere to the conditions of use. The content may:
- be reproduced for personal or in-house use without formal permission or charge, with acknowledgement of our copyright, accurately reproducing the material and not using the material in a misleading or derogatory context. For permission to use the information on this website for any other purpose, contact us
- not be used for any commercial purpose without our permission. You may download and print text and images for your own personal and non-commercial use only. Educational institutions may make print-outs and photocopies for distribution to students
- not be re-published in print or electronic form without permission from us
- not be downloaded to a user's server for public use, or for use by a set of subscribers. Downloads of text or images to a server for access by third parties is strictly prohibited. Individuals and institutions are encouraged to make a link to our website subject to our copyright and conditions of use.
It’s not in our interest or that of our users' to have uncontrolled subsets of our content available elsewhere on the internet. Our content is continually updated and regularly modified.
This website provides links to other sites. Permission to use copyrighted materials from other sites must be obtained from the copyright owner.
Contact us for copyright queries.
Online services terms and conditions
RESPONSIBILITY FOR DAMAGE
It's unlawful to intentionally cause damage to this website or to any electronic facility or data we own through the knowing transmission of any program, information or code.
We're not responsible in any manner for direct, indirect, special or consequential loss caused in any way as a result of the use of online service, or this website.
Protecting your privacy when collecting data
As a registered user, we may collect internet data for website statistics use. We’ll capture your name and provider ID, if it applies.
We’ll store, use and dispose any data collected in accordance with the Privacy Act 1993.
OUR ONLINE SERVICES
Our online services include forms, email and phone message alerts, and support service.
This website contains a number of online forms you can use to send us information.
When completing an online form you must:
- fill in all required information
- make sure that the information you supply is true and correct.
We may use any information you provide to update your record, and in relation to your levy or claim.
We can help you with these online services during usual business hours.
All reasonable measures have been taken to ensure that our support is accurate. However, we assume no legal liability or responsibility for the support services provided. We may discontinue support for services at any time.
CHANGES TO THE WEBSITE
We may change, suspend or discontinue any aspect of this website at any time, including any services or content offered.
SUSPENSION OF ACCESS
We may, at our discretion, suspend or restrict your access to this website or any part of it for any reason.
This website is governed by New Zealand law, and the Courts of New Zealand who have exclusive jurisdiction.
Social media terms and conditions
We welcome your comments, questions and feedback on ACC’s social media accounts (Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and LinkedIn), but we do ask that you are respectful of the community and follow these guidelines:
PROTECTING YOUR PRIVACY (AND THE PRIVACY OF OTHERS)
Please do not share any of your own, or anyone else’s, private information on Accident Compensation Corporation (ACC) social media accounts
Any posts which contain private information will be removed.
- Please be respectful of other users of ACC’s social media accounts.
- Stay on topic and do not upload content or post a comment that is unrelated to the purpose of the the account.
- Do not use language or content that:
Don't break the law or encourage others to do so (this includes defamation, breaching privacy, breaching another person’s intellectual property rights such as copyright, condoning illegal activity and contempt of court).
In the course of using the community areas of ACC’s social media accounts, please don't post personal information – addresses, phone numbers, email addresses or other online contact details – relating either to you or other individuals.
Don't impersonate or falsely claim to represent a person or an organisation. Don't attempt to log on using another user’s account.
Don't make any commercial endorsement or promotion of any product, service or publication.
- appears to be spam
- is racist, sexist or discriminatory
- contains insults or put downs
- is likely to be offensive, inflammatory or provocative (including swearing and obscene or vulgar comments)
- contains potentially harmful advice
- is not accurate.
REMOVING COMMENTS AND BANNING USERS
Any comments and posts that breach these terms will be removed by ACC. If an individual repeatedly violates this policy, that user will be blocked from posting in the future. ACC accepts no liability in any way connected to the use of, or access to, the ACC social media accounts.
By making any contribution to the ACC social media accounts publically - including comments, photos or videos – you're granting ACC permission to reuse this content inside that platform. Permission will be sought via an individual request to the owner of the comment if ACC wishes to utilise the content outside of the platform.
The content provided on ACC’s social media accounts (Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and Linkedin) is intended to inform injury-prevention messages, ACC activity and provide general information on ACC-related services. Every effort has been made to ensure that the information set out on ACC’s social media accounts is accurate.
However, visitors to these accounts are advised that:
- the information provided does not replace or alter the laws of New Zealand and other official guidelines or requirements
- ACC doesn't accept any responsibility or liability whatsoever, whether in contract, tort, equity or otherwise, for any action taken, or reliance placed, as a result of reading any part, or all, of the information in ACC’s social media accounts or for any error, inadequacy, deficiency, flaw in or omission from the information provided in ACC’s social media accounts
- all links, shared content, and references to other products, websites or organisations not within ACC are provided for convenience only and aren't, and should not be taken as, endorsement of those products, websites or any information contained in those websites
- ACC doesn't necessarily endorse any website or organisation, which has links to ACC's website. Liking, favouriting or sharing information does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation, it's for the purpose of sharing information
- the information on ACC’s social media accounts has been provided for New Zealand conditions.
Except where stated, the content on ACC’s social media accounts is the copyright of the Accident Compensation Corporation. It may be reproduced for personal or in-house use without formal permission or charge, with acknowledgement of ACC’s copyright. For permission to use the information on ACC’s social media accounts for any other purpose contact the Social Media team.
ACC’s social media accounts provide links to other sites. Permission to use copyrighted materials from other sites must be obtained from the copyright owner.
CONDITIONS OF USE
While the content on ACC’s social media accounts is publicly accessible, all content (text, images) is the copyright of ACC. Copyright queries should be directed in the first instance to the Social Media team.
ACC only licenses users to download and print content (including images) subject to their adherence to the following conditions of use. By their use of the content (including images), users agree to follow these conditions of use:
- The content of the ACC page may not be used for any commercial purpose without permission from ACC.
- You may download and print text and images for your own personal and non-commercial use only.
- Educational institutions may make print-outs and photocopies for distribution to students.
- The content (including images) may not be re-published in print or electronic form without permission from ACC.
- Users are not permitted to download content (including images) in order to mount them on their own servers for public use or for use by a set of subscribers. Downloads of text or images to a server for access by third parties is strictly prohibited.
- Individuals and institutions are encouraged to make a link to the ACC social media channels subject to our Conditions of Use.
- It's not in our interest or that of our users to have uncontrolled subsets of our content available elsewhere on the Internet.
- Any content that ACC provides will follow the ACC Code of Conduct and Code of ACC Claimants’ Rights.
- ACC will work co-operatively with other agencies in the event that material breaching other parties’ rights, or that is otherwise unlawful, is posted on ACC’s social media channels.
- Our content is continuously updated and modified on a regular basis.